Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 13: Vancouver, B.C.

After a week off for Spring Break, I am back and a bit stumped this week.  We traveled to Vancouver in June of 2007 prior to our Alaskan cruise.  Through a family friend we were able to get hooked up at the penthouse of the Sandman hotel- awesome room!  We enjoyed exploring the city and I have great memories, but draw a complete blank when it comes to what we ate.  That doesn't mean it wasn't good...maybe had more to do that Zachary was 10 months at the time, so meals were quick and on the go. 

So when researching food from that area, I found some common themes- Salmon and Asian inspired dishes.  Vancouver is known for good sushi (Dan had some while we were there), but I am not a fan.  I am also not a huge fan of salmon, though I wish I was since it is good for you.  As I write this I have no clue what I will be cooking this week...maybe we need to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment